Doublestar update 4

I have now attached the “D” Panels to the first half of the Double Star. I reinforced the tips with 3″ of Dacron and then used gross-grain tabs for the tension line attachment points.

Being the impatient type, I decided I had to see how the star looks when assembled. So I managed to attach 6 spars to the hub and then I ran out of room (as expected :) ). Here is what it looks like…

Now onto the bottom… in retrospect I should have built each half together instead of completing one and then the other. ahh well, I hope to have it done in the next 10 days or so. More photos here!

–Bill

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>