I finally got a chance to get back to the “Le Virus” number 1 tonight. I was able to do the following today: Continue reading
The oringal active bridle I had on my Orange never really satisfied me and I couldn’t get it just the way I wanted it. Turns were too wide and it just didn’t feel right. I had not flown the kite for several months and decided I would take another crack at the bridle. Continue reading
After making the green sail I wasn’t 100% happy with the color combo. I decided to sew another sail. This time using a similar layout to Christin’s original. Plus I was finally able to use mylar in a kite :). It’s been sitting on the shelf for about 6 months…
I also applied some of the things I realized from the mistakes I made on the first sail. This sail was a lot less trouble to get just right when laying it out on the template…
I managed to cut, assemble and sew all the sail panels for my Le Virus. This was my first experience with a pieced sail and I learned a lot along the way. I tried to approach the drawing and cutting of the individual pieces as carefully as possible. I was rewarded with an easy assembly and symetric wings (that’s a releif)..
There is a new online trick kite workshop starting on the GWTW forums. The kite is called “Le Virus” and is designed by Christian Derefat. I decided that I wanted to build another sport kite to improve upon the skills I learned while making “The Orange”. The web site for Le Virus is always growing and changes are made quickly based on the input of the users at the forum.
Stan’s plans were a breeze to follow but it helps if you have some kite building experience before. For example Creating a mini adjustable dynamic-bridle out of sewing thread can be tideuos to say the least. Continue reading